The iwp is a voluntary association of auditors in Austria with currently more than 800 CPAs and more than 100 audit firms as members.
- The General Assembly is the highest-level body of the iwp and meets every year in the spring;
- The Board of Directors manages the association and is responsible for day-to-day business;
- The Statutory Auditors examine the correctness and compliance with legal regulations of the financial statements;
- The Honorary and Disciplinary Board can impose disciplinary sanctions and the exclusion of members;
- The Staff Members support the board of directors as well as the working groups.
The statutory purpose of the association is the advancement of the interests of the Austrian Certified Public Accountants and Audit Companies. This includes the further development of the professional image of auditors as well as the establishment of professional and ethical standards for the audit profession. In addition, the association functions as a platform for the mutual advancement and support in the widest possible sense of the word.
Means to reach these statutory objectives are among others:
- Representation of the interests of the profession of auditors / CPAs.
- Guidelines on issues of professional interest concerning the CPA profession.
- Organisation of events (e.g. congresses, speeches, panel discussions, practice seminars)
- Advancement of quality assurance;
- Publication of newsletters, journals for members, the annual “auditor’s manual”, codex for accounting and auditing and other technical books;
- Networking activities with similar domestic and foreign institutions;
- Networking with academic research and education in the area of financial auditing;
- Personal contact and networking of the individual members.
Download of documents:
· The articles of association regulate the organisation of the association and define name, seat and purpose, rights and obligations of the members as well as membership to and function of the statutory bodies;
· The Mission Statement defines the general principles of the association and determines mission, vision and value of the activities of the association.
· General information about the auditors’ profession in Austria can be found here. [Link zur Broschüre auf Englisch]
Outstanding members of the CPA community are presented with an honorary seal as a lifetime achievement award.